Stories from our artists, travels and research
- Substratum: An artistic inquiry into printmaking substrates + health impacts, researched by 7 studio artists.
- Where Are They Now? Keeping up with our Artists in Residence
- People in Print: Videos of teachers and members discussing their printmaking practice
- Extractions: Art on the Edge of the Abyss: Zea Mays Printmaking is participating (2020-21) in this collective global art project
- Feet in the Air and Head on the Ground: A visit with Angela Zammarelli, part of our Mother Artist series
- #SelfIsolationResidency in the Time of Corona: The work of Esther S. White, part of our Mother Artist series
- A letter from visiting artist Roberta Feoli: shop technician from the Scuola in Venice after her visit to ZMP
Zea Mays Printmaking staff have been invited to studios around the world to present workshops in safer printmaking practices. We often keep a blog of the experience. You can travel vicariously with us by delving into the images and words we’ve recorded.
Printmaking in Havana
In November 2013 Liz Chalfin and Sheldon Carroll went to Havana, Cuba to conduct a polyester plate lithography workshop at San Alejandro Academy of Fine Arts and to deliver an exhibition of prints to the school.
Printmaking in Johannesburg
Studio director Liz Chalfin visited Artist Proof Studio in Johannesburg in January 2019 to conduct a workshop on safer etching and work in their Pro-Shop. Along the way she made plates for William Kentridge.
Printmaking in Venice
In February 2020, in between Carnivale and Covid, Liz Chalfin and Sheldon Carroll visited the Scuola Internazionale de Grafica in Venice, Italy for a 3-week residency. Here’s the story of their experience during this unique time.