At Zea Mays Printmaking, we believe environmental justice, social justice, economic justice and racial justice are inextricably intertwined. As part of our mission to help make printmaking safer for artists and the environment, we are committed to finding ways to remove barriers of access to our studio for artists from marginalized racial and ethnic groups. Members are able to donate Studio Hours to our BIPOC Artist Membership Fund, which provides a free Zea Mays Printmaking membership and 100 Studio Access Hours to BIPOC artists. We are currently able to offer 2 free memberships and 100-Hour bundles in 2024.
Awardees will receive all the benefits of a Zea Mays Printmaking membership for one year, including:
- Invitation to special events
- Invitation to enter ZMP member exhibitions
- Invitation to Virtual Lunches
- Advance notice of upcoming workshops
- Workshop discount – (for fixed price workshops)
- Member’s page on website
- Option for Flat File Representation
- On-site store for paper and plates at reduced prices
- 4 hours private tutorial with Studio Director Liz Chalfin, OR free enrollment in 1 one- or two-day in-studio workshop of your choice.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Applications will be accepted until May 14, 2024 and awardees will be selected by lottery and announced on May 31st, 2024. The questions below are the same questions that appear on our standard “Become a Member” form and your answers will not affect your chances of being selected, but they will help us to understand your goals and needs as an artist and how our studio can best be of help to you.