Friday 5PM – 7PM, Saturday & Sunday 10AM – 5PM
Section 1: December 3-5, 2021 – this section is full. Email to be on waiting list – or sign up for Section 2.
Section 2: February 4-6, 2022
Sliding Scale Fee: $250-$450
limited to 6 participants
During this weekend workshop participants will have the opportunity to learn how to create collagraph plates, how to ink the plates and print on different papers. Using a variety of materials, recycled and found objects, glue, acrylic medium and pastes, we will explore additive and subtractive plate making techniques and textures to create innovative compositions. Participants will be exposed to different inking options such as relief inking, intaglio inking, inking À la poupée, basic color mixing, the use of dry vs dampened paper and how to make a damp pack. Multiple plate registration with also be addressed. No press needed.
The same materials is covered in each section.
No previous experience needed.
BASIC SUPPLIES NEEDED
- Carboard and foam board
- Acrylic Gel medium
- Other papers: cardstock, manila folder, Bristol, any papers you may have
- Other materials with texture: sand paper, burlap, cloth, bubble wrap, carborundum, sand, yarn, egg shells, rice, seeds, dried leaved, tin foil, string, etc.
- X-acto knife
- Old credit card, plastic utensils
Ink: Akua etching ink, OR other brands of block printing ink
- Printing paper: any printmaking paper of your choice
- Ink knife
- Wax paper
- Masking tape
- Paper towels
- Baren or large wooden spoon or bone holder
- Tissue paper or muslin or AKUA wiping fabric
Section 2: February 4, 5, and 6, 2022 –
Sliding scale $250-$450. Please pay what you can
I can pay $250
I can pay $300
I can pay $350
I can pay $400
I can pay $450