Saturday & Sunday, March 28-29, 2020, 10-5
$285 non-member, $255 members
$5 material fee includes extensive handouts
Do you want to learn how to set up a safe and sustainable etching studio? Do you have a press but don’t know how to care for it? Don’t know how to clean your etching blankets?
This workshop will cover all of the fundamentals, from learning why it’s important to have a safe studio to how to physically set up and maintain a shop – including:
- toxicology: understanding hazards and protections, how to read material safety data sheets, creating a shop manual
- how to care for an etching press – calibration, lubrication, cleaning
- how to prepare ferric chloride for etching copper (adjusting strength, maintenance and disposal)
- how to care for etching blankets (spot and deep cleaning)
- how to set up an airbrush aquatint spray booth
- tool use and care, including sharpening
- where to order supplies
Liz Chalfin has decades of experience as the founder of Zea Mays Printmaking and a consultant who advises institutions and individuals on retrofitting their spaces to be safer studios.
This workshop counts towards the Zea Mays Printmaking “Green Printmaking Certificate: Intaglio”
$285 + $5 materials fee ‐Non‐Members
$255 + $5 materials fee ‐Members