Below is a selection of recommended accommodations. Prices are subject to change, please call or visit their website for current rates. For a more extensive list of local hotels and bed and breakfasts please visit the Northampton Chamber of Commerce website.
- The guest suite at Zea Mays Printmaking. 2 private bedrooms, full kitchen, sitting room and1-1/2 baths. On site housing. When it is not in use for residencies, we offer it to workshop participants and visiting artists. Here’s a link to photographs and description of it. The cost is $85 per night ($75 for ZMP members). Contact email@example.com for availability. 50% deposit required.
- A friend of Zea Mays offers this suite with private kitchen and bath on the second floor of her home, just a 15-minute walk away. Reserve here through airbnb.
- Another friend of Zea Mays is offering her place for summer lodging:
Sweet efficiency apartment available for artists wanting to enjoy the area or take a workshop this summer. This efficiency is part of a larger Art studio in a big old factory building in Florence, Ma. It has a separate entrance, bathroom with tub and toilet, kitchen with sink, and hot plate, microwave, and a couch that turns into a bed and a table and chair to have a nice meal. There is also an air conditioner to ward off the summer heat. It is not glamorous but has A+ in character. Photos available on request. If you are interested please send me an email Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.orgOr call 413-250-6111. Available for one week at a time for $335 each week. Can make special arrangements if needed.
- A Zea Mays Printmaking member has a small private bedroom in a simple, quiet, fragrance-free house. Clear and clean, wall space to view your prints, and access to a studio sitting area for tea and relaxation. Located on a friendly, quiet cul-de-sac abutting a walking-nature trail. Share our kitchen and refrigerator, and our bath with a shower / tub. There is a separate entrance through the studio to this bedroom. The house is 10 miles / 20 min. drive to Zea Mays Printmaking, and 5 min. stop into Whole Foods and Trader Joes.Fee is $50 per night. Contact Joyce Silverstone at email@example.com
Another Studio Members offersCharming, Quiet, Centrally Located Apartment2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4Solar powered farmhouse is located on 10 acres of fields and woods with a view of the Holyoke Range. Conveniently located between Amherst and Northampton we are within a 15 minute drive to each of the 5 colleges. We are also 5 minutes from all the restaurants and shopping along Route 9. The attached apartment has a private entrance and off street parking for 2 cars. There is a bedroom with a queen size bed and a loft with two twin beds. The loft is accessed via a ships ladder and is not suitable for children under 12 years old. There are free roaming chickens as well as a dog and a cat on the property (none of which are allowed to roam in the apartment).
- Airbnb has many great listings in our area – check them out here.
- Snow Farm: New England Crafts Program Located in a gorgeous rural area less than 5 miles from Zea Mays. Snow Farm has rustic, clean, dormitory-style housing which they are happy to offer Zea Mays Printmaking attendees based on availability. 5 Clary Road – Williamsburg, MA 01096 Phone: 413-268-3101 – Fax: 413-268-3163 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast 940 Chesterfield Rd. Florence, MA 01062 413.584.1703 email@example.com. Off the grid, solar powered home
- Sugar Maple Trailside Inn 62 Chestnut Street Florence, MA 01062 413.585.8559. About a one mile walk to the studio. Located right on the local bike path.
- Flower Hill Farm Retreat P.O. Box 454 Williamsburg, MA 01096 413.268.7481. Rustic farmhouse divided into private apartments. Ten minute drive to the studio.